Its usually best to tan 24-48 hours prior to your event. This gives the tan enough time to develop and looks its absolute best for your special event.
EXFOLIATE!! You will need to scrub off your old tan completely to ensure that your new tan is perfect and flawless. Exfoliating mits are great, as well as massaging coconut or baby oil into the skin, letting it sit for 10 minutes and then exfoliating. We also have ‘Tan Remover’ products available for purchase.
If you suffer from sensitive skin, please speak to one of our staff members and we will be happy to advise the best tan options for you and your skin. We do offer organic solutions as well. And recommend getting a patch test prior to your appointment
We’ve found that many women are happy to have spray tans during pregnancy. However, we always recommend SEEKING PERMISSION FROM YOUR DOCTOR first, especially before being sprayed in your first trimester. Whilst DHA is safe to use on the skin, some doctors are concerned that during a spray tan when pregnant, you might accidentally inhale the DHA or chemicals. The effects of this are as yet unknown. With pregnant women, we take every precaution against this by avoiding the face area and asking you to cover your eyes and mouth. WEARING A MASK is also an effective way to prevent any inhalation.
If you are unsure about which tan to choose from when booking online, get into contact with us and we will be happy to assist. Alternatively, you can choose any of the options online, pay the minimum booking deposit and we can assess your options at your appointment.
- Hair removal should be done at least 24 hours prior to your appointment to allow your pores to close to avoid the tan getting caught in them and producing dark spots.
- Exfoliate at least 8 hours before. Spray tan is applied to the very outer layer of your skin. If you have excessive amounts of dead skin cells, the tan will turn out patchy and uneven, and it will also affect the length of your tan.
- Shower before your appointment!! It is really important that you remove all sweat, lotions, moisturises and deodorants from the skin. These can stop the tan from absorbing evenly. Your skin should be free from any products that could interfere with the spray tan.
- Stop using retinoids & hydroxy acids 24 hours before your appointment. These will cause your tan to fade more quickly
- To enhance your spray tan you can use our prep pH balancing spray. This ensures your skin is at an optimal pH level to help absorb the tan and last longer.
- Try to avoid tight clothing before your tan. These can leaves marks on your body and the tan can sometimes hold in these areas.
You can wear whatever you feel comfortable in. We do offer complimentary gstrings and hair nets. Some clients prefer to wear their own underwear and some prefer to go naked. The choice is yours.
- Relax and DO NOT GET WET!!! Try to avoid sweating or anything that will risk the end result of your tan.
- Wear loose clothing. Nothing with tight straps or restrictive bands, these will rub against the tan causing it to come off in certain areas. We have Kaftans available to purchase in salon.
- When its time to rinse off only use luke warm water and no soaps or loafers. Its extremely important that you remove all the bronzer from the skin as it can result in streaks through your tan. Once the water runs clear, you can pat dry with a towel, DON’T RUB.
- Avoid using oils, scrubs, hot showers and sweating.
- HYDRATE!!! Drinking plenty of water and moisturising (natural or organic moisturisers) will hydrate the skin and prolong the life of your tan. We also have Tan Extender available for purchase.
- Avoid tight clothing for the first few days as this can wear the tan away.
Lash Lifting opens the eyes, gives the appearance of longer, thicker, darker lashes and offers much less maintenance than eyelash extensions. Elleebana Lash Lifting uses a safe, chemical process to break down the disulphide bonds of the hair to redirect the lash into a new lifted style.
No eye makeup to be work. No eyelash extensions or glue residue on natural lashes.
Avoid excess hot water or steam on lashes for the first 24 hours. Avoid shampoo, make-up, un-approved conditioners, un-approved make up removers, creams, eye serums on the lash/eye area for 24 hours. Do not rub or play with your lashes. Avoid sleeping on your face. Use a lash serum to keep them nice and hydrated.
Anywhere between 6-8 weeks depending on your natural growth cycle.
Brow Lamination is a chemical process, that breaks down the bonds within the hairs so that they can be restructured into a new desired shape and style. Brow Lamination allows beauty professionals to create Full and Fluffy Brows for their clients, while also creating symmetry and taming tough, unruly hairs.
A Brow Lamination can last up to 6-8 weeks if correct aftercare directions are followed. There are a few best practices to follow post-lamination treatment to ensure the best results. This includes not getting the Brows wet for 24 hours post treatment, avoiding sleeping face down and combing the brows up daily with recommended retail aftercare serum.
Regular Tint lasts around 5 days on the skin and 2 weeks on the hair. Hybrid Tint (Bronsun Dye) goes on like Henna and last around 2 weeks on the skin and 6 weeks on the hair.
If you are a new client then it is required that you book in for a patch test at least 48 hours prior to your appointment for the following: Lash Lift, Lamination, and Waxing.
Less than one hour is all that is needed to achieve maximum results.
This depends on each individual and the extent of discoloration, generally from 5-14 shades lighter can be achieved. The more stained your teeth the more dramatic the result will be. Teeth whitening whether done by a dentist or another technician will not whiten your tooth enamel the process will bleach the stains on the surface of your teeth. The results are also relevant to how regularly you have a teeth whitening procedure or use home whitening treatments. Where whitening is done every 6-12 months it is considered a maintenance procedure and results will be less dramatic.
Teeth whitening is a cosmetic procedure that is non-dental. The products we use are gentler than and just as effective as those used by the dentist. All our products are Australian compliant and produced to the highest standards. Teeth whitening, no matter who does it bleaches stains from the surface of the teeth it does not whiten enamel.
We offer the latest whitening gel approved for use in Australia. We have a hygienic non-touch procedure at NO time will a technician touch you or your mouth. Our gel is gentle and safe, problems are extremely rare. Teeth Whitening is safe for crowns and veneers although, these will not lighten as much as natural teeth.
Teeth whitening is a treatment most people want and can have, however, it is not recommended for children under 16 years of age or for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. Do not have a teeth whitening treatment if you have gum disease or are requiring dental work.
Teeth will maintain their fresh new appearance for around one year. Re-staining depends largely on diet and lifestyle. Smoking, coffee, tea, fruit juice, sodas all staining foods and beverages will eventually re-stain the surface of your teeth.
All you need to do is brush your teeth prior to your appointment. Bring your phone and some headphones to make it a more enjoyable experience
- After a teeth whitening treatment, the pores of your enamel are open and this makes them extra vulnerable to any stains which can reverse a lot of the whitening benefit from your treatment. Follow the White Diet for 24-48 hours after a teeth whitening treatment. Once the pores close, which usually happens within 24-48 hours after the procedure, you can resume your normal habits. An easy rule to remember is anything that would stain white fabric; Avoid it!
- No food for 4 hours after the treatments
- Avoid extremely hot or cold liquids.
- Avoid foods and drinks that are acidic.
- Cut back on drinking and smoking
- Use smudge-proof lipstick.
- An aftercare form will be provided to you after your session.